Ann V Edminster, M.Arch., LEED AP, is a recognized national expert on green home design and construction. She is a principal author of the LEED for Homes Rating System and consults with builders, homeowners, developers, supply chain clients, design firms, utilities, investors, and public agencies. She also sits on the advisory boards of several private companies. Ann’s Bio.
CONSULTING Green building expert support for projects, professional firms, product manufacturers & distributors. Workshop/charrette facilitation, capacity-building, LEED Green Rater services, program development, advising.
TEACHING Classes for utilities, public agencies, and education providers. Corporate in-house training. University and K-12 guest lectures/slide shows.
SPEAKING Educational presentations to associations and private companies, keynotes, conference plenary addresses, panel discussions.
WRITING Books, white papers, research, analysis, green product R&D and marketing plans, articles, op-ed, reviews.
I am passionate about
and the ways they can
lighten the load we place
on the earth.
We can dramatically reduce the costs, both financial and environmental, of powering our homes and our lives. I want to inspire and empower you to design and build energy-free homes, create regenerative products, and craft sustainable businesses. Together we will fashion solutions with profound personal and social benefits, so that future generations can enjoy a rich and sustainable quality of life.
Ann's Upcoming Appearances
Ann V Edminster brings skill, experience,
and depth to her work as an environmental
design consultant, teacher, speaker, and writer.
Ann applies her unique knowledge of sustainable residential construction and her wide network of industry contacts to serve the needs of builders, developers, homeowners, design firms, and public agencies.
- Designed more than 100 healthy, beautiful home remodels
- Presented at over 100 international conferences and training forums, including Net-Zero Energy workshops for Greenbuild, PG&E, and Southern California Edison
- As co-chair, provided leadership that resulted in the LEED for Homes Rating System
- Serves as founding chair and advisory member of over 25 boards and committees
- Recipient of 8 industry awards, certifications, and honors
- Authored ENERGY FREE: Homes for Small Planet, co-authored Efficient Wood Use in Residential Construction, and has published numerous sustainable design papers and articles.